17 members and 1 guest – Roy from Cardiff took part in the walk today from Little Paxton. Our leaders were Peter and Sally. Gravel extractions started here in the 1930’s in a big way. They supplied the M.O.D. with sand and gravel to construct runways during the 2nd World War. Paxton Pits became a nature reserve in 1980 covering 77 hectares. The nature reserve is famous for nightingales and cormorants and many other birds. The photographs are available on the Gallery page.